If you have decided to clean your patio in the upcoming weekend, we must appreciate for taking up such a big challenge. Regardless of your place of living, the patio attracts dirt, organic stains, mold and algae over time. These factors remain omnipresent irrespective of the fact patio is made from concrete or brick. Dirt and stains not only curb the beauty of the patio but also create an uninviting experience. Therefore, cleaning the patio at regular intervals is necessary for restoring its lost beauty.
Of course, at any point in time, you can call patio cleaning services in London and get a neat and clean patio without any hassle. However, if this time, you have decided to clean it yourself, we are there to help you with our step-by-step guide.
Step-by-Step Guide to Clean Patio
Remove Furniture: Before starting with the patio cleaning task, you need to remove outdoor furniture pieces. Besides furniture, try to remove plants and other related accessories also to make the outdoor space free from any kind of obstructions. Once your patio is clean from all furniture and related accessories, you can clean it with peace of mind.
Removing Debris, Twigs and Leaves: There is no point in cleaning a patio dotted with debris, twigs and leaves. Even if you hire professional patio cleaning services in London, the professionals brush away debris and unwanted elements from the patio before starting with cleaning. So, ensure to pull away weeds from the floor, brush all dirt and leaves and use a blower to make the patio free from unwanted elements.
Prepare Cleaning Solution: The third step is preparing a cleaning solution for making the patio free from dirt and unwanted stains. The cleaning solution should be prepared after getting a concrete idea about its existing condition. You can use soapy water, vinegar or baking soda for removing stains from the patio. Let’s understand which solution to use under which conditions:
1. Cleaning Patio with Soap and Water: Soapy water is an ideal pick if your patio is in fairly good condition i.e. it has only minor stains. You can use this solution for cleaning a patio made from concrete and brick. Simply add liquid soap to water in a small bucket to form a lather. Pour the solution and use a brush to remove all stains. Once you are done with brushing, pour clean water either by using a pressure washer or hose for removing the dirt and soapy solution. This is one of the most popular techniques used by local patio cleaning service providers in London.
2. Cleaning Patio with Vinegar: Intense stains demand extra power and time to remove from the patio. So, do not waste your energy by removing such stains from soapy water; prepare a solution of vinegar and water instead. Take a bucket and add water and vinegar in equal quantities. Pour the solution over the patio and leave it for 15-20 minutes. After 20 minutes, take a stiff brush for removing stains. Once you have completed the job, use a mop to remove clean water and allow it to dry naturally. If you feel that your patio looks extremely dingy due to the presence of too many stains, prepare a solution by adding vinegar more than water. Follow the aforementioned procedure and you will be surprised to see the end results!
If no vinegar is available in your kitchen, replace it with baking soda. Prepare the solution by adding one cup of baking soda toto a half-filled bucket. Pour the solution on the patio and leave it for 30 minutes. After that, rinse it with a stiff brush.
3. Using Patio Cleaner: If you have tried the aforementioned tips and are still not able to get the desired results, look for the product made for the job i.e. patio cleaner. You will find different kinds of patio cleaners in the market an eco-friendly solution is the best to choose from. The reason is it is safe for hands and for the environment too. Another advantage of using the patio cleaner is it prevents the re-growth of mold for up to six months. Moreover, you can even use the cleaner for cleaning roofs, fencing and sheds. Professional companies offering patio cleaning services in London like Asher, Levi and Emmanuel Window Cleaning Services use eco-friendly patio cleaners to remove all kinds of stains from the patio.
4. Cleaning with Pressure Washer: This is one of the most effective ways to remove all kinds of stains from the patio in a single wash. However, bear in mind to use the pressure washer only if you have experience in handling it carefully. If you have not used it before, call professionals.
Maintain Patio in Good Condition with These Tips
We can understand that every time, it is not possible to avail professional patio cleaning services in London. Conversely, cleaning the patio regularly is essential to avoid the accumulation of dirt and algae. So, here is the breather. Follow these simple tips to maintain the beauty of the patio for a long duration:
• Choose a dry day for cleaning the patio. The reason is the chemicals will not be washed away in a storm or by rain on a dry day, thereby giving the best cleaning results.
• Scrub the patio with plastic brushes or natural bristle brushes only. Using metal bristles may leave scratches and stains.
• Use a pressure washer cleaner only when you know how to do the job perfectly.
Follow these steps and you will realize cleaning the patio has become simple and less tiring.
If you keep cleaning the patio with a soapy solution once a month, you will experience that the cleaning job is less exhausting. On the other hand, if you clean the patio once in six months, you need to put in more energy and a soapy solution will not give the desired results. In some cases, you will get good cleaning results by using vinegar or baking soda. However, in most cases, it has been experienced that patios with extreme dirt, algae and stains demand professional patio cleaning services from reputed London-based companies.
Benefits of Availing Professional Patio Cleaning Services, London
When you hire the services of a professional company, you will experience the following benefits:
1. The professional cleaning team brings their equipment and cleaning solutions for cleaning the patio.
2. They are experts in their fields and thus deliver 100% cleaning results in one attempt only.
3. They use modern tools and techniques for cleaning the patio made from brick, concrete or any other material. The tools and equipment include a bucket, eco-friendly patio cleaner, brushes, pressure-washer machine, etc.
4. They complete the patio cleaning job in less than a day.
5. You can call them on Sundays and Public Holidays as well as at your convenience. The reason is professionals work 7 days a week.
Lastly, you can easily find professional patio cleaning service providers in London as many window cleaning companies offer patio cleaning services at affordable rates.
You can park your trust in Asher, Levi & Emmanuel Window Cleaning Company for both window cleaning and patio cleaning jobs. For more details, call us now!